Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My husband and I are considering Ch13?

My husband and I are considering Ch13 as I lost my job in July and he just got laid off in mid-Sept. I didn't qualify for unemployment and he receives $240 a week. We have 3 small kids, own a home, that is upside down but we are not delinquent on it, we are always on time with payments. We also have 2 investment properties (1 of which we are struggling to keep as the renter doesn't cover the mortgage). My husband also has $70K in credit card debt and we have a home equity loan of $29K. I have some credit card debt but not more than $6K. My question is does it benefit for both of us to file bankruptcy when my unsecured debt is not that bad and we can still have some credit should we have an emergency, or does the home equity loan that has both our names automatically throw me into the repayment plan?

0 comments:

Post a Comment